I want to show you how to get international pasport in Nigeria to be able to travel abroad.
What is a Passport?
According to Envoy The main difference between a passport and a visa is that a passport is issued to a country’s citizens for international travel and identification.
- A passport is used to verify one’s country of citizenship. If traveling outside your country, it is used to regain entry into your country of citizenship.
- Passports include your photo, name, birth date, gender and physical characteristics.
- For U.S. citizens, some countries only require a passport for re-entry. Other countries may require a visa before entry. You should confirm if a country-specific visa* is required before traveling.
- Diplomats and government officials are granted different passports than what’s given to regular travelers.
To begin the application
- Have a Credit Card ready or Purchase the amount of Post Office money order required.
- Go to NIS website https://portal.immigration.gov.ng/passport/epassport for the electronic application.
- Select Standard E-PASSPORT – The Official E-Passport is ONLY for Government Officials traveling abroad
- Select UNITED STATES as processing country and New York as Office of Application. Also Read: See How to Receive Dollars in Nigeria: (4 Easiest Ways)
PLEASE READ IN FULL THE GUIDELINES REGARDING PAYMENT ON THE START APPLICATION PAGE
Click “Start Application.” Click “Start Application.” Pick a GOOGLE or YAHOO account and build it up or you can SIGN IN, if you have it.
Complete the online request and print copies before you submit for payment of the completed application.
Full the application form – click on the PRINT button.
Once your application is submitted successfully, you will reach a page containing your reference ID that will also be emailed to you by the Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) – Close the screen for further applications or payments (UP to 6 applications)
Choose payment methods (Money Order, Visa or American Express) and follow appropriate steps. Also Read: How to Create Adsense Account and Start Earning Money Online
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION AT THE CONSULATE
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED TO BE SUBMITTED BY EACH APPLICANT ON INTERVIEW DATE:
- (1) Copy of online application form (signed and dated)
- (2) Copy of Payment Confirmation Slip
- (3) Copy of Acknowledgement Slip
- (4) Expired Nigerian passport (if not presented, will be considered lost passport)
- (5) Photocopy of the data page (which clearly shows photograph, full name and date of birth)
- (6) Prepaid, Self-Addressed USPS overnight express mail Envelope with Tracking number
- (7) Credit or Debit card for $30 administrative fee
Note: Photographs are not necessary since they will be taken on the interview date at the Consulate.
Each applicant must appear in person at the biometric capture consulates for the production of an E-passport (finger and thumb printing).
FIRST TIME APPLICANTS (FOR MENORS)::
Note: THE CHILD NOT ENDORSEMENT E-PASSPORT! SHALT TO BORN THESE NEW INFANTS APPLY OF EAL Child INDIVIDUAL PASSPORT.
(1) Online copy of request form (signed and dated)
(2) Copy Payment Confirmation Slip (3) Copy of Accreditation Slip (4) Signed BOTH PARENTS authorization letter – signature on the respective passports should be compared and names should be compatible with those in the birth certificate of the child.
(5) Copies of passports for parents (Data Page)
(6) Copy of the birth certificate of the child
Note: When only the mother on the birth certificate appears, the Court must submit an affidavit stating that she has full child/child custody (7) Prepaid, self-addressed USPS overnight express mail covering tracking (8) Credit or debit card, at a cost of $30 administrative fee.
Note: For the case of both parent names, although only one has full custody of the birth certificate, a copy of a legal document for that purpose should be provided.
ADULT (FIRST TIME APPLICANT)
(1) Online copy of request form (signed and dated)
(2) Payment Confirmation Slip copy (3) Accreditation Slip copy
(4) A copy of Nigerian passports and letter of authorization from the parents of Nigeria appearing as a right of citizenship on their birth certificate shall be supplied by the non-Nigerian-born applicants.
(5) The birth certificate of the applicant
(6) Prepaid USPS self-addressed mail Envelope with tracking number overnight
(7) $30 administrative fee credit or debit card.
Applicants wishing to modify Nigerian passport details should follow, for the first time, the same application process as in the standard e-passport application process.
Copies of all legal documents, in addition to the usual requirements of the application, should be provided, depending on the reasons for modification.
Lost or stolen passports attract a penalty fee and a police report must be obtained.
To obtain the letter, applicants should come to the Consulate between 9am-1pm on business days and submit the following:
- (a) 2 colored Passport size photographs (on white background)
- (b) $50.00 US Postal money order or Certified Bank Cheque made payable to – The Consulate General of Nigeria, New York
- (c) All available evidence of the lost or stolen passport and/or proof of citizenship (i.e. birth certificate)
- (d) After obtaining the Police Report, applicants may then begin the passport application steps as detailed above (HOW TO APPLY……)
- (e) Copy of online application form (signed and dated)
- (f) Copy of Payment Confirmation Slip
- (g) Copy of Acknowledgement Slip
- (h) Police Report
- (i) Penalty fee of $350.00 payable in US Postal money order to the Consulate General of Nigeria, New York.
- (7) Prepaid, Self-Addressed USPS overnight express mail Envelope with Tracking number
- (8) Credit or Debit card for $30 administrative fee.